Free Public Domain Sheet Music
Modern Edition for Sale:
- Matteo Carcassi: 25 Etudes for the Guitar Opus 60 (Townsend/Chanterelle 2008)
- This edition contains a useful section on playing the Etudes with over 50 music examples, showing alternative fingerings etc.
- Matteo Carcassi – 25 Melodic and Progressive Studies, Op. 60: Book/CD Pack (Henry/Hal Leonard)
- Carcassi Classical Guitar Method, Op. 59 & Twenty-five Studies Op.60 (Revised book/CD edition, 2011)
Notation & TAB (Tablature)
- Contains a few Carcassi: Ten Classical Etudes. PDF, videos lessons, Notation & Notation + TAB: $9.95
- Carcassi Etude No.7, Op. 60 [free PDF]or TAB $2.99
- David Tanenbaum: Estudios – Carcassi, Sor & Brouwer
- Lucio Matarazzo: Matteo Carcassi – 25 Etudes Op. 60 – 6 Caprices Op.26
Etude No. 1: This is a great etude for scale work and arpeggios. In fact it sums up two very important technique elements in one nice and short little composition. Although most people play the scale runs legato, I’d recommend following the facsimile instruction to play staccato at least up to the transitional material toward the arpeggios. The staccato might help the idea of pre= preparation in the right hand. Play legato too if you like the sound but doing both is preferable in the practice room.
Etude No. 6: This is a spectacular etude for gaining control of the right-hand balance in a two-voice texture. I really like to flip the dynamic markings around too and play the longer note values forte and the eighth-notes piano. It’s so good at teaching students to have some subtlety and elegant balance in their playing.
More from This is Classical GuitarFree Sheet Music Page | Lesson Archive Page | Weekly Email Newsletter