OGS Composition Competition
CALL FOR SCORES
2016 Ottawa Guitar Society
Young Composers Competition
New Music for Solo Guitar
Official Website: ottawaguitarsociety.ca
The Ottawa Guitar Society welcomes submissions of unpublished new works for solo guitar by Canadian composers.
- Participants must be currently enrolled as a student and/or under the age of 30.
- Pieces must be for six string guitar with no electronic elements and must be from 5 to 8 minutes in length. Submissions must be composed for this competition.
- Scores will be created using Finale or Sibelius and submitted in PDF format to the following email: email@example.com
- Scores must contain the title of the piece only with no name. Participant names will only be included in the submission email and will be revealed to the jury after a winner has been selected.
- An audio recording must be included with the score. MIDI is accepted, but not preferred.
- $40 by cheque or cash submitted to Louis Trépanier (University of Ottawa) or e-mail transfer to the above submission e-mail.
- October 1st, 2016 (winner announced on October 22nd).
- $400 and a premier performance by a select local guitarist at the 12th annual Guitare Alla Grande Festival in February 2017.
* The jury’s decision will be final.
Additional Stipulations (June 2016)
- All applicants must pay the registration fee prior to the competition deadline.
- The jury reserves the right to declare a no-contest.
- The organization committee reserves the right to cancel the competition should a minimum requirement of entries not be met. In this event, applicants will receive a full refund.
- Any unforeseen circumstances will be referred by the jury to the executive committee of the OGS for a final decision.