Polish guitarist Marcin Dylla plays C’est la mer melee au soleil by Danish composer Erik Højsgaard (b.1954). This comes via Dylla’s fantastic YouTube channel. Recorded at Academy of Music in Katowice on 07.07.2021. Beautiful piece with a brilliantly colourful performance by Dylla with moments of peaceful contemplation to extroverted outbursts. A significant work for guitar and very wide ranging in the guitar orchestration and motivic complexity. You can check out the poem Eternity by Arthur Rimbaud in English here or, I assume, the original L’Eternité in French here.
Højsgaard also has the piece info on his site:
- C’est la mer mêlée au soleil (1981, rev. 1982)
- Duration: 12 min.
- Publisher: Edition Wilhelm Hansen
- Written for Karl Petersen.
- First performance of the original version: 8/2 1982 at Støvring Højskole, Karl Petersen.
- First performance of the revised version: 29/4 1983 at the Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus, Karl Petersen