Classical Guitar Reviews, Gear, & Accessories. This page links to full reviews I’ve made for the site or to Amazon or other places you can purchase gear. None of this is paid placement, I just review stuff as I try it out. I’m always curious: If your products aren’t listed here I’m always interested in trying out new ones. Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Reviews & New Release Category – all my reviews for album recordings, books, sheet music, and more. Below is just a list of gear.
Guitar Supports & Footstools
Full review page with comparison vids: Ergonomic Guitar Rests, Supports, Cushions. Below are top picks.
- ErgoPlay Guitar Support – Used by millions. The Troster model is popular but I prefer the Tappert.
- Gitano Guitar Support – My favourite, I use the actual Gitano brand.
- Footstools – Lots to choose from, essential if you don’t use another support.
Accessories (Tuners & Metronomes, etc)
- D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner – My favorite tuner. See my video review here.
- Planet Waves Classical Guitar Capo – My Favorite guitar capo. Simple and sleek design.
- D’Addario Guitar Humidifier – Simple but could come loose.
- Seiko Quartz Metronome – My favorite metronome, so simple, nice sounding ‘tock’.
- Kling-On Static Guitar Protectors – Protects your guitar or make suction cups stick better.
- Revlon Shape and Buff Nail File – I use this.
- Healthy Hoof Nail Care – Condition and strengthen your nails.
Classical Guitar String Reviews
You can see my full review of strings here. Below are my top picks.
- D’Addario Half Set – Hybrid Carbon G – I use these (high tension trebles, normal basses). Top Pick
- Savarez New Cristal – All nylon or with Alliance (carbon) G. I prefer the Cantiga basses. Top Pick
- D’Addario Recording Set – Polished Basses for less squeak. Pro but pricy.
- D’Addario Pro Arte – Quality standard nylon strings with a cheap price. You Commoner.
- Savarez Corum Alliance – All carbon. Increased brightness and projection. Might be too intense and brittle for some. Brings the guitar to life. Caffinated.
Recording Gear for Guitar
- Zoom H1 – Audio Recorder – Affordable, basic, small, two mics, good for practice.
- Zoom H2 Recorder – Slight upgrade from the H1.
- Zoom H6 Recorder – Awesome, record out of the box or use up to 4 pro mics with xlr and phantom power. So portable, so good.
Classical Guitar Books
See my full list of books on the Book Review Page. These are not sheet music. Below are my top picks.
- Ricardo Iznaola on Practicing – How to practice well. Good habits and philosophy.
- On Competitions: Performance Stress by Azabagic – stage-fright advice from a master.
- Guitar and Its Music (Oxford) by Tyler/Sparks – Expensive, slightly academic, but excellent.
- The Guitar in History and Performance – History and Performance Practice from 1400 to Today
- The Contemporary Guitar by John Schneider – in-depth, knowledgeable, plus survey. Read My Full Review Here.
Guitar Reviews & Guitars For Sale
See my full page of luthier & factory guitars: Guitars for Sale and Reviews.