Classical guitar sites and channels I follow on a regular basis. Here’s a list just a few personal recommendations for classical guitar websites and blogs. I’ll only list the ones that I actually read regularly (can’t list everyone). I have thousands of sites and channels that I subscribe to in case you’ve wondered how I track so much across the web. It’s a painful job but someone has to do it.
Friends of the Site
Do you have an active link to This is Classical Guitar from your website or blog? Contact me to be listed here: email@example.com
- Acoustic Guitar Magazine – Thanks for featuring me in your article on online schools.
- Uros Baric, Guitarist – Uros equals quality. Interacted with him a good amount, he’s great.
- Classical Guitar Corner – Simon Powis’s online school. Interviewed me a while back.
- Classical Guitar Insider – Check out Bret Williams amazing podcast.
- Classical Guitar Magazine – A subsection of the above. Thanks for featuring me.
- Matthew McAllister – Check out his great videos of my sheet music.
- Tariq Harb – A great Canadian classical guitarist and posted a nice backlink to the site.
- Drew Henderson – One of Canada’s great classical guitarists.
- Primo Guitar – Our ‘friend‘ posts student repertoire for classical and fingerstyle guitar.
- John Schneiderman – The great guitarist and lutenist, posted a nice backlink to his interview here.
- Bret Williams and Classical Guitar Insider – Thanks for the fun interview.
A Few Recommended Classical Guitar Websites
Sicca Guitars – This German guitar salon is great. Subscribe to their YouTube for fantastic and regular videos, the website is more about guitar sales. I post their videos very regularly so make sure to follow them.
Uros Baric, Guitarist – Three sites: his personal site, his record label Baros Records, and his instructional site Guitarise. Uros = quality.
Classical Guitar Corner – Simon Powis’s great online school for classical guitar. It’s a paid site overall but quality level of everything is very high and well designed. Also has a podcast. I know tons of people who follow both myself and Simon’s site which makes a great combo. We have mildly similar sites but there is plenty of strengths about the quality of Simon’s materials so I highly recommend checking him out.
Women of the Classical Guitar – Amazing resource on the historical and current repertoire by women composers as well as players and luthiers. Their Twitter is worth following too.
Classical Guitar Magazine – This popular print magazine has been more active online recently. They have a lot of paid ads and sponsored content but still a good follow.
Primo Guitar – Our ‘friend‘ over at Primo Guitar posts regularly. Mostly classical guitar but also some fingerstyle stuff as well. Geared to classical guitarist and fingerstyle twists. Mainly student repertoire so students can find new stuff to play.
Six String Journal – Leonardo Garcia’s blog for aspiring guitarists, great lessons and ideas
Classical Guitar Alive – Non-Profit, Tony Morris, great interviews, podcasts, media, and more. It’s an internationally-broadcast radio program as well.
Douglass Scott Guitars – By luthier Douglass Scott. Little informative updates about guitar building on rare occasions.
Gerald’s Guitar Grab Bag By guitarist & composer Gerald Garcia. Cool blog posts now and again.
GFA Reverberations – By various but mainly Connie Sheu.