Greek guitarist Filippos Manoloudis performs a concert with repertoire by John Dowland (1563-1626), Fernando Sor (1778–1839), Manuel Maria Ponce (1882-1948), Jubing Kristianto (b.1966), and Duke Ellington (1899-1974). This comes via the Siccas Guitars and their YouTube channel. Manoloudis received a recording session at Siccas Guitars Studio as the first prize winner of the Antwerpen Guitar Festival 2021 in Belgium. He also recently won the first prize at the Koblenz International Guitar Festival in Germany.
Fantastic playing by Manoloudis with great phrasing, articulations, and some absolutely brilliant flourishes and dynamic builds in the Sor. Looking forward to hearing more from Manoloudis.
- 00:00 A Fancy, P5 by John Dowland (1563-1626)
- 02:50 Fantasie and Variations brillantes, Op. 30 by Fernando Sor (1778–1839)
- 15:12 Amelia by Jubing Kristianto (b.1966)
- 17:37 Theme varie et Finale by Manuel Maria Ponce (1882-1948)
- 25:30 In a sentimental mood by Duke Ellington (1899-1974)