2016 Double Top Guitar by Marcus Dominelli
- Top: Spruce-Inner/Nomex/Cedar-Outer
- Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
- 630mm scale (shorter scale length)
- Bridge Indian Rosewood, Honduran rosewood binding and armrest, Ebony head plate
- Spanish cedar neck, Macasser ebony fingerboard, V-jointed headstock
- Elevated fingerboard, Soundport w/magnetic cover
- Gotoh 510 tuners w/frictionless rollers
- Price: $7000 Canadian (includes hardshell case)
I purchased a new Marcus Dominelli 640 scale double top with Persian walnut back and sides. I like the guitar but have a little difficulty with harmonics at the fifth fret. Can you tell me why you switched from his guitar to another Canadian luthier?
No particular reason, I order a specific ensemble instrument from Marcus and he did a beautiful job and the guitar served me very well. Since I’m doing more solo stuff now and wanted a small scale guitar I ordered a Scott just to change it up a bit. Both are fantastic luthiers.
Very nice video. Please tell me which piece by Weiss you played. I think it was in G Major. Thank you.
It’s the Allemande from this Suite: https://www.thisisclassicalguitar.com/bradford-werner-plays-weiss/