Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 4 – Lessons and pieces in notation only with fingering. A TAB supplement at the end includes the pieces (not the lessons). Before each performance edition there are two or three pages of lesson material and tutorials to teach you concepts and prepare you to play the piece. Watch the free video lessons for even more insight. This item is a PDF Download. 49 Pages. 2020 Edition.
Buy or learn more at my sheet music store
- Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 4 (PDF) from Werner Guitar Editions.
This book teaches classical guitar repertoire at the grade four level. The level is appropriate for students who have completed my Classical Guitar Method Volume 1 and 2 and the Grade 1 to 3 Repertoire Lesson books. This book introduces common tunings in classical guitar repertoire and develops technique skills, fingering choices, and musical ideas. The image samples on your left show examples of the book.
Contents and Lessons – Each piece has 2-3 pages of lessons followed by a performance edition.
- Orlando Sleepeth by John Dowland – Renaissance Lute Work, Relative Lute Tuning
- Rondo, Op.241, No.34 by Ferdinando Carulli – Classical Era, Active Texture
- Lamento No.5, Op.89 by Jacques Bosch – Romantic Era, High Melody with Accompaniment
- Ejercicio in E Minor by Jose Ferrer – Late-Romantic, Spanish, Melody and Chord Shapes
- Estudio in E Minor by Francisco Tárrega – Romantic Era, Barre, Melody with Arpeggios
- Lágrima, Preludio by Francisco Tárrega – Romantic Era, Barre, Upper
Video Lessons for this Book
All videos to be completed this July and early August 2020.
- Orlando Sleepeth by John Dowland
- Rondo, Op.241, No.34 by Ferdinando Carulli
- Lamento in E Minor, No.5, Op.89 by Jacques Bosch
- Ejercicio in E Minor by Jose Ferrer
- Estudio in E Minor by Francisco Tárrega
- Lágrima, Preludio by Francisco Tárrega
Note: Estudio and Lagrima are also available as a free scores on the site. Cover image is for promotion, PDF is plain text. Image: Portrait of Monsieur Aublet by Guillaume Voiroit (1713–1799) and is public domain.
More books from this site
- Education Series (Methods & Technique)
- Classical Guitar Technique: Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – 122 pages, video lessons
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Notation + TAB, Video lessons, Gr.1-6
- Ten Classical Etudes, Gr.4-7, videos lessons