Lesson No. 1 – Right Hand Walking (Alternating) – From my pdf book 20 Favorite Exercises for Classical Guitar for beginner to intermediate classical guitarists. Includes: notation, TAB, fingerings, practice tips, video lessons. YouTube Video Lesson Link.
Here is lesson No. 1 – Right Hand Walking or Alternating Right Hand Fingers. It’s a great exercise for working on your fundamental right hand technique. Beginner students should just aim for control and go slowly. Advanced students may wish to bring the metronome up to 120 beats tot he quarter note. If you don’t know your finger names on your right hand here they are:
i = index
m = middle
a = angular (ring finger)
p = thumb
The combinations for this exercise are: i-m / m-i / m-a / a-m with both rest-stroke and free-stroke.
Also see these other important lessons:
- Basic Technique Overview Video – Slideshow of Photos, Tips, & Diagrams
- Posture and Sitting Position for Classical Guitar – Video, Photos, Tips, Diagrams
- Right Hand Position for Classical Guitar – Video, Photos, Tips, Diagrams
- Left Hand Position for Classical Guitar – Video, Photos, Tips, Diagrams
- Check out more free video lessons at the lesson archive.