Exploring the Fretboard No.45-53: Comparative unison passages and orientation to unison notes across the fretboard from my book Exploring the Fretboard: 100 Exercises for Intermediate Guitar. PDF sheet music with notation, left hand fingering, and video lessons. This book offers students a set amount of ordered material and a variety of ways to investigate the fretboard. It has been designed as an exploratory primer before further and more comprehensive study.
Remember to say the note names out loud. Practice only one exercise at a time for 2-3 minutes a day. Repeat the exercise for a few days even if you can play it first try.
- 0:00 – Intro and Advice
- 2:30 – Why are the exercises so short?
- 2:50 – Exercise No.45, Orientation to E
- 4:14 – Exercise No.46, Orientation to E (Lower)
- 5:37 – Exercise No.47, Orientation to B
- 6:29 – Exercise No.48, Orientation to B (Lower)
- 7:19 – Exercise No.49, Orientation to G
- 8:11 – Exercise No.50, Orientation to D
- 9:12 – Exercise No.51, Orientation to D (Upper)
- 10:22 – Exercise No.52, Orientation to A
- 11:12 – Exercise No.53, Orientation to A (Upper)
- 11:40 – Final Words and Advice