Q&A: Bach on the Classical Guitar: Thanks to all my Patreon supporters who submitted questions. You can visit my Support Page if you enjoy these and want to help out. Here’s the YouTube link if you want to watch the video there.
Times & Questions
- 00:00 – Excerpt from the Prelude of BWV 996
- 1:41 – Intro
- 2:13 – Did Bach write for the guitar or lute? (Cliff)
- 5:05 – Ideas on Learning Articulations (Jonathan)
- 7:24 – Reaching for the level of Bach and Scarlatti (Mark)
- 10:14 – Use of Trills, Mordents, and Slurs (Steven)
- 13:23 – Ornamentation, 8-string Guitars (Zachary)
- 18:35 – Tips for Practicing Counterpoint (Juan)
My edition of BWV 996 is here but also see the sheet music page for more of my Bach sheet music and videos. If you’re looking for a good biography of Bach I’m currently reading and highly enjoying Johann Sebastian Bach: The Learned Musician by Christoph Wolff.