Review: Cordoba C12 Classical Guitar
Cordoba ‘Luthier Series’ Line of Guitars
Solid Canadian Cedar Top
Solid Indian Rosewood back & sides
650mm scale length
Raised (Elevated) Fingerboard
Price range from $1650-$1850 USD
Buy from Amazon.com for the best price: Cordoba C12 Classical Guitar
Canadians go here.
Bradford’s Option at a Glance
- Above average volume from what I expected, keeps up with my $7000 luthier made guitar
- Better than average tone for a factory guitar.
- The raised fingerboard could be more raised but I’m glad they made it
- You can’t compare it to luthier made guitars in the +$7000 range but for the price it is amazing. I could easily perform on this…luthier made guitars such as mine are a bit more balanced and have a slightly more elegant tone. Not $4000 more of tone but professionals will want the little extra. However, the average player might not even notice unless you played it next to top end guitar back to back. For the money the C12 is very impressive.
- A real blue-collar guitar: does the work as good as any but without the special touches of $4000 more.
Cordoba’s Promotional Blurb:
The handmade C12 features the vintage elegance of a hand-inlaid mother-of-pearl rosette inspired by a 1920s Domingo Esteso design and a beautiful flamed maple wedge on its solid Indian rosewood back. Modern design elements also include a lattice braced top and raised fingerboard for easy playability when accessing upper frets. Available with a solid European spruce or Canadian cedar top with solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Other notable features of the C12 include its black and gold tuning machines, ebony fingerboard and adjustable truss rod. Comes with a hardshell Cordoba humidified archtop case.
Specs via the Cordoba Website
- Top Solid Canadian cedar or European spruce
- Back & Sides Solid Indian rosewood
- Binding/Bridge Maple binding / Rosewood bridge
- Rosette Pearloid and ebony “Esteso” weave
- Finish High Gloss PU
- Neck/Fingerboard Mahogany neck/Ebony fingerboard/ Traditional (Classical) Style Neck
- Truss Rod Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length 650mm
- Nut Width 52mm
- String Spacing at Saddle 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays Pearloid at 5, 7, 9
- Nut/Saddle Bone
- Number of Frets 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build Lattice Bracing
- Body Width & Length 290mm (11.4″) at upper bout, 370mm (14.6″) at lower bout
- Overall Length 39″
- Body Depth 95mm (3.7″) at upper bout, 97mm (3.8″) at lower bout
- Tuning Machines Cordoba Premium Gold Tuning Machines
- Case Hardshell Cordoba humidified archtop case
My Cordoba Guitar Reviews So Far:
what piece are you starting to play at 4:20 of the Cordoba C12 review?
Allemande by Weiss. Here’s another vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUUcSZSbvuk
What’s your opinion on the Córdoba Esteso range of guitars.?
How about Cordoba Fusion orchestral c/e