I was doing some research on post-minimalist composers (if we dare use such defining musical terms) and never knew that Japanese composer Yori-Aki Matsudaira 松平 頼暁 (born 1931) had written guitar works. To my knowledge his father was the composer Yoritsune Matsudaira (松平 頼則 1907-2001) So I thought I would quickly list them here and post a few available videos since I’m doing it already.
If you know of more works by him please leave a comment below.
Solo Guitar Music
- Undulation [gt](1986) 10′ CD
- Grating [gt](1999) score
Chamber Music with Guitar
- Transient ’74 [gt, harmonium, perc] (1974)
- Spectra [3 amplified-gt] (1979) score
- Colorization [cl, gt, perc, pf] (1992)
- Kanon XXIX & VIII (based on the Kanon by SCHOENBERG) [gt, mand, cl, vn, vla, vc] (1997) score
- Thema & Variations [gt, mand, cl, vn, vla, vc] (1997) 9′ score CD
- Toki no Koe (2013) for Soprano and Electric guitar
Undulation played by Joseph Perez Mirandilla
Video Link & Source: https://youtu.be/0_mHwYHSXOs
Grating played by Gaku Yamada
Toki no Koe (2013) played by Maki Ota & Gaku Yamada