Sor Studies, Op.60, No.1-25 by Fernando Sor (1778–1839) – Original Title: Introduction à l’étude de la guitare. PDF Sheet Music or Tab for Classical Guitar. Comes with both a notation edition with left hand fingering and a separate tab edition. Early to Late-Intermediate (Grades 1-7). This is a PDF download.
My PDF Sheet Music Edition
Hardcopy Books via Amazon: Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.uk or your country’s Amazon.
Fernando Sor’s Op.60 is one of the most famous of all etude collections in the classical guitar repertoire. Each study covers a different pedagogical concept but the primary goal of the collection as a whole is the ability to play legato across various textures. I have kept Sor’s left hand fingering concepts but updated and modernized some to maximize legato phrasing. There is no right hand fingering in the original and therefore has been omitted here for a clean and flexible score. However, a thorough technique routine of scales and arpeggios should be more than enough to accomplish these studies. Some right hand concepts are explored in the video lessons.
Video Performances and Lessons for Each Study
The video above is just the performances but below videos include lessons for each piece. Grading is very flexible depending on your tempo.
- Introduction and Edition Info for Sor’s Op.60
- Study No.1, Op.60, Grade 1
- Study No.2, Op.60, Grade 1
- Study No.3, Op.60, Grade 2
- Study No.4, Op.60, Grade 2
- Study No.5, Op.60, Grade 3
- Study No.6, Op.60, Grade 3
- Study No.7, Op.60, Grade 3
- Study No.8, Op.60, Grade 2
- Study No.9, Op.60, Grade 3
- Study No.10, Op.60, Grade 4
- Study No.11, Op.60, Grade 4
- Study No.12, Op.60, Grade 4
- Study No.13, Op.60, Grade 4
- Study No.14, Op.60, Grade 4
- Study No.15, Op.60, Grade 4
- Study No.16, Op.60, Grade 4
- Study No.17, Op.60, Grade 4
- Study No.18, Op.60, Grade 5
- Study No.19, Op.60, Grade 5
- Study No.20, Op.60, Grade 5
- Study No.21, Op.60, Grade 6
- Study No.22, Op.60, Grade 6
- Study No.23, Op.60, Grade 7
- Study No.24, Op.60, Grade 6
- Study No.25, Op.60, Grade 7
Promo Images and Samples
Hi prof. Werner, what type of nylon string do you use and how do you amplify your classical guitar sound?
Most of my gear info can be found here: https://www.thisisclassicalguitar.com/classical-guitar-store-reviews/
Well done series, I would like to continue with Op.35, or 31.
Will i be able to retain this list and access to the videos? I am loving these tutorials and am an avid lover of Sor and his Ittle melodies. Thanks for doing them, so much information
The videos are free and on my Youtube channel so as long as I’m up and running they are always available to you. The sheet music is available as a PDF or hardcopy.
Really enjoying these studies. I didnt think I’d say it but they certainly challenge me and I am finding myself refocussing on my method and technique. Very satisfying indeed and video tutorials are just the best.
Absolutely. Actually, having to record them has made me dive a little deeper into them and have discovered lots of things I hadn’t noticed before.
Bradford, Congratulations on completing the video series! I really appreciate the effort you put in to compile such a great resource for our use. It has inspired me to set a goal of learning all the studies for grade 3 and above (5 -25). It will keep me busy for a while!