A lesson on Practicing Right Hand Alone brought to you by Strings By Mail and Gohar Vardanyan via SBM on YouTube. The right hand is often neglected in practice and this video addresses that issue. Even if you can’t keep up with the specifics in this video (the examples move fast) there are some nice ideas/tips in this vid that you can apply to your pieces… “know what’s going on and it’s easier to play,” might seem like a simple idea but don’t shrug it off because it makes a big difference regardless of what level you are at. For more free weekly lessons join the Email Newsletter for updates and please consider donating to the site or sharing this post to support.
Books to consider
- Classical Guitar Method – Vol. 1, Notation, Video Lessons, 100 pages, Free PDF
- Classical Guitar Method Vol. 2, Notation, Video Lessons, 89 pages.
- Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 1 – Eight pieces at the grade one level with dedicated lessons preparing you for each piece.
- Classical Guitar Technique: Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – Notation, 122 pages, Gr. 1-9. Video lessons, hundreds of exercises. Includes Giuliani’s 120 arpeggios and 100 open string exercises to learn good fingering habits.
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Notation + TAB, Video lessons, Gr.1-6, Great for crossover or a quick boost.
- Ten Classical Etudes, Gr.4-7, videos lessons, Notation & Notation + TAB