Q&A Lesson: Practicing Scales on Classical Guitar. Thanks to all my Patreon supporters who submitted questions. You can visit my Support Page if you enjoy these and want to help out. Here’s the YouTube link if you want to watch the video there.
If you are looking for organized scales and exercises you might check out my full technique book with a variety of scales and exercises from beginner to advanced levels. Info on the Shearer book I mention is here.
Question & Answer Times
- 00:00 – Intro
- 0:43 Four Reasons to Practice Scales
- 6:18 Different Resources
- 8:49 When to Practice Scales & Right Hand Focus
- 10:28 Better to Practice Other Exercises?
- 12:25 Why Melodic and Harmonic Minor?
- 13:25 Segovia Scales, Rest or Free Stroke?
- 16:37 Single Scale or Multiple Scales?
- 18:18 Beyond Major and Minor Scales?
- 20:15 Competency Without Scales?
- 21:14 Left Hand Position Above 12th Fret
- 23:38 Good Sounding Scales on Classical Guitar
- 24:42 Final Advice and Conclusion