The Beatles on classical guitar (books, sheet music, tab, videos). Just as classical pieces often have a melody and accompaniment, arrangements of The Beatles on classical guitar provide great melodies and accompaniment to recreate these well known songs. Below are some lists of books and videos that specifically arrange The Beatles for classical or fingerstyle guitar. The recommended ones I have used with my students and work well. I’m not saying they are the most amazing arrangements but they won’t take years to learn and provide a nice solid melody and very workable accompaniment all for solo guitar.
Highly Recommend Beatles Arrangements, Sheet Music, TAB for Guitar
- The Beatles for Classical Guitar (Notes and Tab) – Recommended. Intermediate. These are great little arrangements but are firmly in the intermediate level. I love the arrangement of Norwegian Wood in this book.
- Easy Beatles Arrangements (Notes/TAB) – Recommended. These are significantly easier than the above book but are still very full sounding.
More Good Books
- Beatles for Classical Guitar: Guitar Solo (Beekman) – These are more difficult than the above but they sound good. Notation only.
- The Beatles Book for Classical Guitar, Kids Edition (Easy) – 15 hits in notation and tab. I haven’t actually played these but let me know if it’s good.
- John Lennon for Classical Guitar (Beekman) – 15 songs in notation and tab. I bet these are good, I haven’t tried it but Beekman is solid.
High Profile Arrangements by Composers
- Leo Brouwer – I can’t find a link for these but there are a number of Beatles songs arranged for duet. They are around though, I have a score but can’t post it for copyright reasons.
- Toru Takemitsu – 12 Songs for Guitar: Transcriptions for Guitar – Includes a few Beatles tunes. Notation only.
Wanderful performance from Tatiana of Beatles : Michele ! Do you know if I can by the guitar notes for me to play. I am a Classical guitar amatuer player and would love to play her arrangement.