Books, sheet music, tab, and videos for the Beatles on classical guitar. Just as classical pieces often have a melody and accompaniment, arrangements of The Beatles on classical guitar provide great melodies and accompaniment to recreate these well known songs. Here are some lists of books and videos that specifically arrange The Beatles for classical or fingerstyle guitar. The ones marked with “Recommended” are books I have used with my students and work well. I’m not saying they are the most amazing arrangements but they won’t take years to learn and provide a nice solid melody and very workable accompaniment all for solo guitar.
Beatles Arrangements, Sheet Music, TAB for Guitar
- The Beatles for Classical Guitar (Notes and Tab) – Recommended. These are great but are firmly in the intermediate and late intermediate level. I love the arrangement of Norwegian Wood in this book.
- Easy Beatles Arrangements for Classical Guitar (Notes + TAB) – Recommended. These are significantly easier than the above book but are still very full sounding.
- Beatles for Classical Guitar: Guitar Solo (Beekman) – These are more difficult but they sound good. Notation only.
- The Beatles Book for Classical Guitar, Kids Edition (Easy) – 15 hits in notation and tab. I haven’t actually played these but let me know if it’s good.
- John Lennon for Classical Guitar (Beekman) – 15 songs in notation and tab. I bet these are good, I haven’t tried it but Beekman is solid.
High Profile Arrangements by Composers
- Leo Brouwer – I can’t find a link for these but there are a number of Beatles songs arranged for duet. They are around though, I have a score but can’t post it for copyright reasons.
- Toru Takemitsu – 12 Songs for Guitar: Transcriptions for Guitar – Includes a few Beatles tunes. Notation only.