Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849) never composed any guitar music but he is famous for saying “Nothing is more beautiful than a guitar, except, possibly two.” However, a number of period composers and guitarists did make arrangements of his music which I will list here.
My editions of Chopin arrangements for guitar
- Prelude Op.28, No.7 (arr. Tarrega), Pro Video, Free Sheet Music, Free TAB – This is a period arrangement by Francisco Tárrega (1852–1909) of his Prelude from Op.28 for solo piano.
Other period arrangements of Chopin for guitar
Francisco Tárrega (1852–1909)
- Prelude in E minor Op.28 No.4
- Mazurka in G-Sharp Minor Op. 33 No. 1
- Mazurka in B Minor Op. 33 No. 4
- Mazurka in A Minor Op. 67 No. 4
- Waltz in A Minor Op. 34 No. 2
- Prelude in B Minor Op. 28 No. 6
- Prelude in A Major Op. 28 No. 7
- Prelude in D-Flat Major Op. 28 No. 15
- Prelude in C Minor Op. 28 No. 20
Antonio Jiménez Manjón (1866-1919)
- Preludio Op.13 No.15
Julio Sagreras (1879–1942)
- Op.53, Nocurno No.2 de Chopin
- Vals Op.64 No.2 de Chopin
Modern arrangements of Chopin for guitar
- Op. 69, No. 2 Chopin
Please leave a comment below regarding other period arrangements you know exist.