Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) – PDF sheet music arranged for classical guitar, from Cantata BWV 147. Comes with both a notation-only edition and a tab edition. The level is intermediate (Grade 4). YouTube Lesson & Performance. This is a great piece to play but also good for gigs such as weddings. I tried to keep true to the original but also keep it simple enough to sight-read at gigs.
My PDF Sheet Music Edition – Includes both notation-only and tab editions.
- Jesu by Bach from Werner Guitar Editions – My dedicated sheet music store.
Here’s some more info via Wiki: “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (German: Jesu, meiner Seelen Wonne) is the most common English title of the 10th movement of the cantata Herz und Mund und Tat und Leben (Heart and Mouth and Deed and Life), BWV 147 composed by Johann Sebastian Bach in 1716 and 1723. Today, it is often performed at wedding ceremonies as well as during Christian festive seasons like Christmas & Resurrection Sunday slowly and reverently…Bach in his original scoring, for voices with trumpet, oboes, strings, and continuo. Written during his first year in Leipzig, Germany, this chorale movement is one of Bach’s most enduring works.”
Close Up Video
Playing a wedding?
Check out this article on how to play at weddings.
More by Bach from the Site
- Suite in E Minor BWV 996 by Bach (Complete), Advanced, Free Unfingered, Sheet Music or Tab
- Bouree from BWV 996 by Bach, Grade 6, Free Sheet Music or Tab
- Air ‘On the G String’ BWV 1068 by Bach, Grade 4, Sheet Music or Tab
- Minuet in G, Anh.114 by Bach/Petzold, Grade 4, Notation or Tab
- Prelude in D minor, BWV 999 by Bach, Grade 7, Sheet Music or Tab
- Prelude, Cello Suite BWV 1007 by Bach, Grade 7, Free Unfingered, Sheet Music or Tab
- Cello Suite No. 1 BWV 1007 by Bach, Free non-editorial edition
- Prelude in E Major, Lute Suite BWV1006a – Advanced, Free Unfingered, Sheet Music or Tab
- Sinfonia (Arioso) from Cantata BWV 156 by Bach, Grade 5, Sheet Music or Tab
very nice rendition and performance.
Very nice to hear and see it being played in a relaxed but controlled manner.
Always it’s a pleasure hear your performance on this beautiful piece.
Thanks very much!