Marco Tamayo plays Prélude, BWV 1007, Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). This comes via his YouTube channel. Originally in G Major for Unaccompanied Cello. Last week I posted Tamayo playing Canción para ti by Aureo Puerta Carreño and he mentions here that he recorded a quick video of this prelude at the end of the session since time allowed. There are some nice moments in his controlled performance, when one plays this work fairly straightforward the expressive moments really shine. Nice flourish at the end to match that shirt!
Sheet Music & Lesson Video
- Bach: Prelude from Cello Suite BWV 1007 (Free PDF) – Check out my free lesson video, free sheet music PDF, premium tab version, or free non-editorial version of the suite.
Cello Performance (Yo-Yo Ma) – For context check out this cello performance.
Sheet Music & Lessons for Bach on the Site
- Suite in E Minor BWV 996 by Bach (Complete), Advanced, Free Unfingered, Sheet Music or Tab
- Bouree from BWV 996 by Bach, Grade 6, Free Sheet Music or Tab
- Air ‘On the G String’ BWV 1068 by Bach, Grade 4, Sheet Music or Tab
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring BWV 147 by Bach, Grade 4, Sheet Music or Tab
- Minuet in G, Anh.114 by Bach/Petzold, Grade 4, Notation or Tab
- Prelude in D minor, BWV 999 by Bach, Grade 7, Sheet Music or Tab
- Prelude, Cello Suite BWV 1007 by Bach, Grade 7, Free Unfingered, Sheet Music or Tab
- Cello Suite No. 1 BWV 1007 by Bach, Free non-editorial edition
- Prelude in E Major, Lute Suite BWV1006a – Advanced, Free Unfingered, Sheet Music or Tab
- Sinfonia (Arioso) from Cantata BWV 156 by Bach, Grade 5, Sheet Music or Tab