Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706). YouTube Video lesson Link (4k). Arranged for classical or fingerstyle guitar. A simple arrangement in drop D tuning around the Intermediate (Grade 5) level. This has been arranged for use in weddings and gigs or for students. I’ve tried to keep it simple and short enough to sight-read at gigs yet provide some of the classic and recognizable sections of the work. FYI, check out this article on how to play at weddings. You can also find the tab as a hardcopy in my Classical Guitar Tab book on Amazon. Join the Email Newsletter to get updates on free sheet music and more. Help support the site & free music.
Free Notation Only Edition
TAB Edition (PDF Download): $3.99
Werner Guitar Editions is my dedicated store for free and premium guitar editions. Includes instant access to PDFs, the best security, search functionality, and payment options. – Bradford Werner
Check out my educational book series
- Classical Guitar Method – Vol. 1, with Video Lessons, 100 pages, Free PDF
- Classical Guitar Method Vol. 2, with Video Lessons, 89 pages.
- Ten Classical Etudes – Progressive etudes for intermediate level.
- Classical Guitar Technique: Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – Hundreds of exercises and tons of video lessons. Notation.
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Technique book includes notation and TAB, Video lessons.