Classical Guitar Method – Volume 2 by Bradford Werner
For classical and fingerstyle guitar (2019 Edition)
This book teaches classical and fingerstyle guitar skills with a focus on reading tonal music. It includes solos, duos, chords, and exercises, giving students a well-rounded and enjoyable musical experience. Designed as a manageable amount of material, it supplements weekly lessons and prepares students for early intermediate repertoire. The four sections of study allow students to focus on specific strengths and weaknesses in the learning process. YouTube video lessons provide students extra help with musicality and guitar technique. Also see my free 102 page Volume One Method Book.
Classical Guitar Method – Volume Two (PDF Download): $9.99
- Buy Volume 2 from Werner Guitar Editions – my dedicated store for guitar editions.
Hardcopy Print Editions on Amazon
Look inside the preface:
Videos & Lessons for Volume 2
Using an older edition? See the 2017 edition videos here. The below videos are for the new 2019 edition. All videos to be completed by mid-February. Links go to Youtube.
- Part 1 – Reading Music and Chords in Common Keys
- C Major, Menuet, and Vals by Carulli
- Duets in C: Menuet by Rameau, Morning Has Broken
- A Minor, Romance by Kuffner, Leccion No.54 by Sagreras
- Duets in A minor: Romance by Küffner, Star of County Down
- G Major, Minuet by Bach, Kean O’Hara by O’Carolan
- E Minor, Erster Verlust by Schumann, Prelude in E Minor
- Duet in E minor: Erster Verlust by Schumann
- D Major, Le Petit Rien by Couperin, La Volte
- Duet in D: La Petit Rien by Couperin
- A Major, Minuet by Handel, Leccion No.54 by Sagreras, Bound for S. Australia
- Duets in A: Menuet by Handel, Bound for South Australia
- F Major and Melody by Mertz
- D Minor, Riguadon by Rameau, Leccion No.55 by Sagreras
- Duet in D minor: Riguadon by Rameau
- Part 2 – Introduction to 3rd & 5th Position
- 3rd & 5th Position Notes, Exercise 1-10, Joy to the World
- Shifting Positions, Feng Yang Flower Drum
- Duets in 3rd and 5th position:
- Part 3 – Rhythm Training
- Tips and Rhythm Exercises on Open Strings No.1-60
Check out more from my educational series
- Classical Guitar Method – Vol. 1, with Video Lessons, 100 pages, Free PDF
- Ten Classical Etudes – Progressive etudes for intermediate level.
- Classical Guitar Technique: Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – Hundreds of exercises and tons of video lessons. Notation.
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Technique book includes notation and TAB, Video lessons.