Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 3 – Lessons and pieces in notation only with fingering. A TAB supplement at the end includes the pieces (not the lessons). Before each performance edition there is one or two pages of lesson material to teach you concepts and prepare you to play the piece. Watch the free video lessons for even more insight. This item is a PDF Download. 41 Pages. 2019 Edition.
Buy or learn more at my sheet music store
- Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 3 (PDF) from Werner Guitar Editions.
Hardcopies – The hardcopy will be combined with grade 4 at a future date.
This book teaches classical guitar repertoire at approximately the grade three level. This level is appropriate for students who have completed my two Method Books and the Grade One and Grade Two Repertoire Lesson books. This book introduces some common tunings for classical guitar repertoire and further develops technique skills, fingering choices, and musical ideas. The image samples on your left show examples. That said, students should continue to play the melody and chord shapes using the knowledge they gained in grade 1.
Contents and Lesson Topics – Each piece has one or two pages of lessons followed by a proper performance edition of the piece.
- Bella Gioiosa by Fabritio Caroso – Renaissance Lute Work, Relative Lute Tuning
- Tanz (Supplement) by Georg Leopold Fuhrmann – Renaissance Lute Work, Drop D Tuning
- Allegro, Op.50, No.10 by Mauro Giuliani – Classical Era, Slurs, Muting
- Andantino Op.44, No.3 by Fernando Sor – Classical Era, Two Voices, Right Hand Fingering
- Study in C Major by Francisco Tárrega – Romantic Era, Barre, Pivots
- Lección No. 86 by Julio Sagreras – Romantic Era, Barre, Left Hand Navigation
- Ejercicio No. 2 by José Ferrer – Romantic Era, Thirds, Grace Notes, Harmonics
Video Lessons for this Book
- Bella Gioiosa by Fabritio Caroso
- Tanz (Supplement) by Georg Leopold Fuhrmann
- Allegro, Op.50, No.10 by Mauro Giuliani
- Andantino Op.44, No.3 by Fernando Sor
- Study in C Major by Francisco Tárrega
- Lección No. 86 by Julio Sagreras
- Ejercicio No. 2 by José Ferrer
More books from this site
- Education Series (Methods & Technique)
- Classical Guitar Technique: Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – 122 pages, video lessons
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Notation + TAB, Video lessons, Gr.1-6
- Ten Classical Etudes, Gr.4-7, videos lessons