Lesson of the Week for Classical Guitar
Should Beginners Use Rest or Free Stroke?
This video is part of my free online curriculum at the lesson archive page and is connected to my free PDF method book. This is a lesson for beginner classical guitarists. In my studio I recommend beginners use free stroke until the student’s hand position is proper and secure and they can play legato melodies. For free lessons, sheet music, and pro videos join the Email Newsletter. You can help create more and sustain the site by supporting or donating.
Books to consider
- Classical Guitar Method – Vol. 1, Notation, Video Lessons, 100 pages, Free PDF
- Classical Guitar Method Vol. 2, Notation, Video Lessons, 89 pages.
- Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 1 – Eight pieces at the grade one level with dedicated lessons preparing you for each piece.
- Classical Guitar Technique: Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – Notation, 122 pages, Gr. 1-9. Video lessons, hundreds of exercises. Includes Giuliani’s 120 arpeggios and 100 open string exercises to learn good fingering habits.
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Notation + TAB, Video lessons, Gr.1-6, Great for crossover or a quick boost.
- Ten Classical Etudes, Gr.4-7, videos lessons, Notation & Notation + TAB