Here is a basic warm-up for beginner to early intermediate classical guitarists. I made this with some of my students in mind who might rebel if it was longer than one page! I recommend that teachers get their students to memorize these and play them before working on scales and arpeggios or RCM technique or whatever routine you have going. I’ve also made the video with a few teaching tips and explaining why I chose these particular exercises. I’ll be making more of these for intermediate and advanced students.
Download PDF: Student Warm-up No. 1 for Classical Guitar [Free PDF]
Other Books to consider:
- Classical Guitar Method – Vol. 1, Notation, Video Lessons, 100 pages, Free PDF
- Classical Guitar Method Vol. 2, Notation, Video Lessons, 89 pages.
- Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 1 – Eight pieces at the grade one level with dedicated lessons preparing you for each piece.
- Classical Guitar Technique: Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – Notation, 122 pages, Gr. 1-9. Video lessons, hundreds of exercises. Start after my method books and continue with repertoire.
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Notation + TAB, Video lessons, Gr.1-6, Great for crossover or a quick boost.
- Ten Classical Etudes, Gr.4-7, videos lessons, Notation & Notation + TAB