On this page I’ve listed classical guitar duets from this site as well as linked out to other sites. Also keep an eye on my sheet music page as I’m currently making more duets for free and for purchase. I’ll also try to update this page as I find more free duets online.
From this site:
Free Beginner Method Book Duets:
- Get the Free PDF Method with the below duets: Classical Guitar Method – Vol I
- First Duets: Welcome Natasha, Nocturne, Ode to Joy, Jazz Cat
- Duets: Waltz by Czerny, Minuet by Wilton, Morning by Diabelli
- Duets: Minuet by Hook, Flow Gently, Sweet Afton
- Duets: The Skye Boat Song, Capriccio by Logy
- Duet: Minuet in G by Petzold, Minuet by Krieger
Duets from this site
- Bach: Ave Maria (Duet) on BWV 846 (Bach/Gounod) [free PDF]
- Bach: Invention No. 1 in C major (duet), BWV772 [free PDF]
- Bach: Invention No. 4 in D minor (duet), BWV775 [free PDF]
- Bach: Invention No. 13 in A minor (duet), BWV784 [free PDF]
- Bach: Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach. Duet. PDF: notation: $7.95
- Johnson: The Flatt Pavin (Duet). PDF, notation. $3.99
- Milano: Canone by Francesco da Milano [free PDF]
- Robinson: Toy for Two Lutes [free PDF]
Recommended From Amazon
- Easy Classical Guitar Duets (Duncan), Easy arrangements for beginner-early-intermediate
- Antoine de Lohyer (1768-1852) – Guitar Duos, Late-Intermediate-Advanced
- Haydn String Quartets- Arranged by Francois de Fossa, Various Levels, Intermediate-Advanced
- Piazzolla: Tango Suite, Modern, Tango, Advanced
- Spanish Music for Two Guitars By Kacha Metreveli, a bit cliché and not authentic but perfect for students or teacher-student, intermediate
- Tedesco: Les Guitares bien tempérées, Op. 199 (24 preludes and fugues in all 24 major and minor keys) – Amazing, late-intermediate to advanced
- Guitaromanie vol 1 (Yates) – Carulli arrangements of Beethoven, Haydn, Mozart and Rossini – Various levels but Late-Intermediate
From the web:
Carulli, Ferdinando (From: imslp.org):
Scarlatti, Domenico (1685-1757):
- Sonata L. 288 [FREE] (from www.classicalguitarschool.net)
- Sonata K. 413 [FREE] (from www.classicalguitarschool.net)
- Sonata K. 408 [FREE] (from www.classicalguitarschool.net)
Le Réveille-Matin (The Alarm Clock). Arranged for guitar duet from the harpsichord original (in F).
Les Papillons (The Butterflies). Arranged for guitar duet from the harpsichord original.
Les Petits Moulins (The Little Windmills). Arranged for guitar duet from the harpsichord original.
Les Bergeries – (The Sheep-folds or Pastorale). Arranged for two guitars from the harpsichord original.
Les Moissoneurs (The Reapers ). Arranged for guitar duet from the harpsichord original.
Le Dodo, ou l’amour au Berceau. Arranged for guitar duet from the harpsichord original
Les Barricades Mystérieuses. Arranged for two guitars from the harpsichord original
A Lesson for Two Lutes
The Frog Galliard
Romance Sans Paroles Opus 17 No. 3
Sonata L.428 originally for harpsichord.
Bach – Gounod:  Ave Maria
Daniel Fortea  Sonata for two guitars
Emil Thoroddsen  Budarvisur (score and parts)
F. Germani:  Cantata per Venezia (score and parts)
Franz Schubert:  Ave Maria
G. F. Händel:  Allegro for two guitars
Isaac Albeniz:  Tango (score and parts)
J.S. Bach:  Adagio – Cantata 156,  Adagio (air on G string) ,Allemanda and Gigue de French Suite no. 3  2 preludes and invention  4 duets for Guitar, Minuetto, Bourre, Gavotte, Giguette  Invention in two voices, Nr. 1. – 5.  Invention in two voices, Nr. 6. – 10  Fantasy, From partita III  Courante
Jose Galles:  Sonata for two guitars
Sigfus Einarsson:  Three duets for Guitar
Silvius Leopold Weiss:  Suite nr. 16 (score and parts)
Sveinn Eythorsson:  The search
Victor Herbert:  Indian Summer
Vincenzo Galilei:  Fantasy (score and parts)
More from This is Classical GuitarFree Sheet Music Page | Lesson Archive Page | Weekly Email Newsletter