This is a new video lesson for my ebook: 20 Favorite Exercises for Classical Guitar – For beginner to intermediate classical guitarists (Includes: notation, TAB, fingerings, practice tips). I’ve been meaning to re-record some of these with better video quality.
This exercise, No. 9 – Basic Rasgueado Patterns for classical guitar, is not intended to train you in the art of flamenco, instead, they are aimed to give your right-hand a good workout, strengthen the fingers, and increase the reflex-oriented ‘return to start’ direction of finger movements. I’ve found that rasgueado practice is excellent for the right hand position of students. You need a certain amount of clearance as well as having to move the fingers from the upper knuckle joint. Therefore, it’s similar to regular playing but in reverse. GO!
Other books to consider
- Classical Guitar Method – Vol. 1, Notation, Video Lessons, 100 pages, Free PDF
- Classical Guitar Method Vol. 2, Notation, Video Lessons, 89 pages.
- Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 1 – Eight pieces at the grade one level with dedicated lessons preparing you for each piece.
- Classical Guitar Technique: Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – Notation, 122 pages, Gr. 1-9. Video lessons, hundreds of exercises. Includes Giuliani’s 120 arpeggios and 100 open string exercises to learn good fingering habits.
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Notation + TAB, Video lessons, Gr.1-6, Great for crossover or a quick boost.
- Ten Classical Etudes, Gr.4-7, videos lessons, Notation & Notation + TAB