Lesson: Right Hand Tone Production on Classical Guitar
Or: How to get a good sound on classical guitar
YouTube Video Link (4K)
Exploring changes in timbre from tasto to ponticello, to subtle changes to fingernail angles, learning to control your sound is an essential skill. Also check out my article on nail filing for guitar. If you’re enjoying these lessons please consider supporting the site.
Below is another nice lesson on tone production from Gohar Vardanyan via her sponsor String By Mail. Gohar Vardanyan is an amazing guitarist with a clear sound and blazing technique. You can check out my detailed explanation of how I file my nails on classical guitar as well.
More Free Lessons:
- Posture and Sitting Position for Classical Guitar – Video, Photos, Tips, Diagrams
- Right Hand Position for Classical Guitar – Video, Photos, Tips, Diagrams
- Left Hand Position for Classical Guitar – Video, Photos, Tips, Diagrams
Books to consider:
- Classical Guitar Method – Vol. 1, Notation, Video Lessons, 100 pages, Free PDF
- Classical Guitar Method Vol. 2, Notation, Video Lessons, 89 pages.
- Classical Guitar Repertoire Lessons Grade 1 – Eight pieces at the grade one level with dedicated lessons preparing you for each piece.
- Classical Guitar Technique: Essential Exercises, Scales, & Arpeggios – Notation, 122 pages, Gr. 1-9. Video lessons, hundreds of exercises. Start after my method books and continue with repertoire.
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Notation + TAB, Video lessons, Gr.1-6, Great for crossover or a quick boost.
- Ten Classical Etudes, Gr.4-7, videos lessons, Notation & Notation + TAB