Free Public Domain Sheet Music in PDF format
by Johann Kaspar Mertz (1806-1856)
Mertz was a Hungarian guitarist and composer active in Vienna and heavily influenced by the pianistic models of Chopin, Mendelssohn, Schubert and Schumann. During his time he toured extensively as a virtuoso performer. The Bardenklänge (1847) are probably Mertz’s most important contribution to the guitar repertoire but many of his concert works such as Elegie & Hungarian Fantasy have become common concert repertoire.
Note: These scores are either over 50 years old or have been released under a public domain license. I’ll try to post good ones but be warned as to possible quality issues.
Bardenklänge (Bardic Sounds), Op. 13.
- An Malvina
- Romanze (Andante)
- An Die Entfernte
- Variations Mignonnes
- Romanze (Moderato)
- Lied on Wohrte
- Polonaise Favorites Nos. 1-7
- Trois Morceaux, Op. 65 (Fantaisie Hongroise, Fantaisie Originale, and Le Gondolier)
- Le Carneval de Venice (Air Varié), Op. 6
Six Schubert Songs (Schubert’sche Lieder fûr die guitare )
- All Six Schubert Songs (Schubert’sche Lieder fûr die guitare )
- Lob der Thranen
- Die Post
- Das Fischermadchen
Modern Editions from Amazon (recommended)
- Mertz Guitar Works (notation editions and also some with tab)