Classical Guitar Reviews, Gear, & Accessories. This page links to full reviews I’ve made for the site or to Amazon or other places you can purchase gear. None of this is paid placement, I just review stuff as I try it out. I’m always curious: If your products aren’t listed here I’m always interested in trying out new ones. Contact me: email@example.com
All Reviews & New Release Category – all my reviews for recordings, books, sheet music, and more.
Guitar Supports & Footstools
Full review page with comparison vids: Ergonomic Guitar Rests, Supports, Cushions. Below are top picks.
- ErgoPlay Guitar Support – Used by millions. The Troster model is popular but I prefer the Tappert.
- Gitano Guitar Support – My favourite, I use the actual Gitano brand.
- Footstools – Lots to choose from, essential if you don’t use another support.
Accessories (Tuners & Metronomes, etc)
- D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner – My favorite tuner. See my video review here.
- Planet Waves Classical Guitar Capo – My Favorite guitar capo. Simple and sleek design.
- D’Addario Guitar Humidifier – Simple but could come loose.
- Seiko Quartz Metronome – My favorite metronome, so simple, nice sounding ‘tock’.
- Kling-On Static Guitar Protectors – Protects your guitar or make suction cups stick better.
- Revlon Shape and Buff Nail File – I use this.
- Healthy Hoof Nail Care – Condition and strengthen your nails.
Classical Guitar String Reviews
You can see my full review of strings here. Below are my top picks.
- D’Addario Half Set – Hybrid Carbon G – I use these (high tension trebles, normal basses). Top Pick
- Savarez New Cristal – All nylon or with Alliance (carbon) G. I prefer the Cantiga basses. Top Pick
- D’Addario Recording Set – Polished Basses for less squeak. Pro but pricy.
- D’Addario Pro Arte – Quality standard nylon strings with a cheap price. You Commoner.
- Savarez Corum Alliance – All carbon. Increased brightness and projection. Might be too intense and brittle for some. Brings the guitar to life. Caffinated.
- Zoom H1 – Audio Recorder – Affordable, two mics, great for practice.
- Zoom H4 Audio Recorder – Amazing and famous. I use mine ALL THE TIME.
- Zoom Q8 Video & Audio Recorder – Their new audio/HD video recorder.
See my full list of books on the Book Review Page. These are not sheet music. Below are my top picks.
- Ricardo Iznaola on Practicing – How to practice well. Good habits and philosophy.
- On Competitions: Performance Stress by Azabagic – stage-fright advice from a master.
- Guitar and Its Music (Oxford) by Tyler/Sparks – Expensive, slightly academic, but excellent.
- The Guitar in History and Performance – History and Performance Practice from 1400 to Today
- The Contemporary Guitar by John Schneider – in-depth, knowledgeable, plus survey. Read My Full Review Here.
Sheet Music & Methods
Sheet Music and Methods can be found at my Classical Guitar Sheet Music Page.
Guitar Reviews & Guitars For Sale
See my full page of luthier & factory guitars: Guitars for Sale and Reviews. Below are my top student picks.
- Cordoba c12 $1500-$2000 – Lattice braced top and raised fingerboard, Solid Woods. Awesome for the price, keeps up with my $7000 luthier made guitar for volume. See my full video review of the C12 Cordoba Guitar.
- Cordoba C10 $1000-1200 – Solid Canadian cedar top & Solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Also available as a small scale “parlor” 630mm size. See my full video review here.
- Cordoba C9 $800-1000- Solid Canadian cedar top with solid mahogany back and sides. Also as a small scale “parlor” 630mm size. See my full video review here.
- Cordoba C7 $475-650 – Solid cedar top and laminate Indian rosewood back and sides.
- Cordoba C5 $300-$350 – Solid top with laminate mahogany back and sides.
- Yamaha C40 $140-200 – Laminate wood but works well. Also comes in a 7/8 size.