Classical Guitar Method
Volume I (Beginner)
by Bradford Werner
Available as a free PDF (80 pages)
(FYI, brand new edition coming out May 6th, 2017)
Creative Commons License (CC BY-NC-ND)
Support: This method has taken me years of hard work to create and has been tested through experience with my students so please consider donating to the site or joining the newsletter to support the site and get more free sheet music.
Download the PDF here (no sign up required):
Legal Info: This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. View a copy of this license. In short, you can share this work but must give proper credit, link to my site, and mention the license. You may not sell this work, use it for commercial purposes, or alter it and/or distribute a modified version.
Video Lessons for this book:
- Prelude No. 1 Lesson (from free method)
- Prelude No. 2 Lesson (from free method)
- Allegro Lesson (from free method)
- The Swan Lesson (free beginner method)
- Leyenda Theme Lesson (free beginner method)
- Siciliano by Carcassi (free beginner method)
Visit the Lessons Page for more videos that compliment this book.
More books from this site:
- 20 Favorite Exercises, Notation + TAB, Video lessons: $9.95
- Easy Pieces for Classical Guitar, Vol. 1, Notation & Notation + TAB, Videos
- Ten Classical Etudes, videos lessons, Notation & Notation + TAB
Other Recommend Books (via Amazon):
- The Bible of Classical Guitar Technique by Hubert Käppel. This book is like Pumping Nylon on steroids. 245 pages of exercises and excellent text advice, explanations, and tons of exercises. This is a huge contribution to the guitar world and I’m only just starting to dive deep into the ideas. Highly recommended.
- Pumping Nylon by Scott Tennant (new 2nd edition) – Physical workouts to train those muscles and gain finger independence and dexterity. Very popular book and good memorable exercises for warm ups. It’s kind of the perfect size book for students to simply get to work. Highly recommended.
- Pumping Nylon in TAB by Scott Tennant – for you tab junkies out there.
- Iznaola on Practicing: A Manual for Students – A great but little book on how to practice well. Many students of guitar are not going to read a huge book so this concise little booklet is perfect for getting a grounding in good practice habits and philosophy.
- Sight Reading for the Classical Guitar, Level I-III” by Robert Benedict – Form, phrasing, dynamics, texture and how to sight read. Excellent book for a solid education in music. Beginner but also a good review for intermediates.